lawyers, legally trained professionals and law graduates,
We need you!
Are you passionate about human rights?
Do you want to be part of a team dedicated to defending the rights of refugees?
Legal Centre Lesbos is looking for lawyers, legally trained professionals and law graduates willing to assist our legal team in defending the rights of asylum seekers and refugees in Lesbos.
The volunteer post is for a minimum of 3 months. Please note that we are now only considering applications for January 2018 onwards.
Priority will be given to those who fit any of the following criteria:
- Experience in defending the rights of refugees
- A working knowledge of the CEAS and the Greek Asylum System
- Alongside English, fluency in any of the following languages: Arabic, Farsi, French, Greek or Urdu
- Ability to volunteer for more than the minimum period
- Membership of the IADL or ELDH through one of their National Associations
- Experience of journalism or advocacy experience
If you wish to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter explaining the following:
- Professional Background
- Education History
- Relevant Experience in the field of refugee rights
- Reasons for Wanting to Volunteer with the Legal Centre
- Period of availability
Please note that the Legal Centre is unable to provide funding for travel, accommodation or living expenses.