Volunteers – we need you!
There are many ways you can assist the legal centre, either as a legal, interpreter or general volunteer:
lawyers, legally trained professionals and law graduates
Are you passionate about human rights?
Do you want to be part of a team dedicated to defending the rights of refugees?
Legal Centre Lesbos is looking for lawyers, legally trained professionals and law graduates willing to assist our legal team in defending the rights of asylum seekers and refugees in Lesbos.
The volunteer post is for a minimum of 3 months. Please note that we are now only considering applications for January 2018 onwards.
Priority will be given to those who fit any of the following criteria:
- Experience in defending the rights of refugees
- A working knowledge of the CEAS and the Greek Asylum System
- Alongside English, fluency in any of the following languages: Arabic, Farsi, French, Greek or Urdu
- Ability to volunteer for more than the minimum period
- Membership of the IADL or ELDH through one of their National Associations
If you wish to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter explaining the following:
- Professional Background
- Education History
- Relevant Experience in the field of refugee rights
- Reasons for Wanting to Volunteer with the Legal Centre
- Period of availability
Please note that the Legal Centre is unable to provide funding for travel, accommodation or living expenses. If selected, the Legal Centre may be able to assist with the provision of accommodation, rent and bills currently totalling €150 per month per volunteer.
The Legal Centre would not be able to function without the assistance of volunteer interpreters.
Our Beneficiaries come from all over the world, travelling through Turkey in order to make the dangerous voyage across the sea to Lesbos.
The majority of the refugees on the Island speak one of the following languages:
We require a roster of interpreters for each language who can be available online during the week. If you would like to volunteer your services please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter explaining the following:
- academic background
- experience in the field of human rights
- languages you speak
- period you would like to volunteer